I finished all of the pebbling this weekend. It took a lot of sessions but once I had a rhythm going it really didn't talk all that long.....not that I accomplished much else all weekend.I do love the effect and I'm really good at the swirly pebbles now.
So, now that the pebbles were done it was time to bring it upstairs to see what else it needs. I really hadn't intended to invest this much time into it but in for a penny, in for a pound.
You can see in the first photo that I need to add something else to the green spikes ad the pale border needs something too. It's too wrinkly now that the pebbles drew in the fabric so much.
I also needed to bring it up to see it this way to decide how I want to bind it. I"m considering a piped binding and originally thought orange but I'm now leaning to the pale mottled fabric. I need to decide by Wednesday morning because whatever I choose has to be dyed.
I also need to add a little to my pale stars. You can't see it very well on this photo but those 2 open half circle spaces are way too puffy.
I don't think I'll have any problem getting this done by the end of the month. I never intended to show this quilt when I started it but I may enter it now that I've put so much work into it.
Time to get off the computer and back to quilting!
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.