February was a great month!
My goal were:
- 1 of 2 CTC wheelchair lap blankets - done!
- the big green/aran blanket - only a few rows remain - done!
- the star tree skirt - done!
- the 8 purple/blue placemats - 4 done!
- added a border to the vulture quilt
Additionally I finished:
- 3 crochet projects
- 2 bathrobes
- quilted a quilt for Mom
I planned to start these projects:
- another Antelope Canyon quilt for a wedding gift due in May - fabrics dyed
- either another Groovy quilt or a new scrap quilt - I didn't start a quilt but I cut up all of my scraps into shapes ready for quilting
- a wall hanging for my nephew - planned but not started, instead I quilted the big Summer Sunset quilt and made 2 bathrobes
- a summer crochet top - swatched but not started
- a crochet gingham baby blanket that has to be done by the end of March - it's about half done
All in all, it was a very productive month and I'm really happy.
My YTD stats:
Quilts - 1
Other major projects -
Veterans quilts made -
Veterans quilts quilted -
Fabric Postcards -
Pet Beds - 1
Quilted for others - 2
Crochet blankets - 2
Crochet shawls - 2
Crochet/loom knit hats and scarves - 13
Doll outfits -
Placemats - 10
Donated items -
Bags and totes -
Garments - 2
Balls of yarn used - 22
My goals for March are going to be kind of light. Our friends from England are finally able to visit again and they will be here for the whole month! I also have a long weekend at the beach planned with another friend.
- finish Summer Sunset (which happend today!)
- quilt 2 veterans quilts
- finish two of my own veterans quilts
- finish the baby gingham afghan
- start the crochet summer top
- a set of 4 placemats
- start my nephew's wall hanging
It looks like a long list but I don't think it will be too bad. Tomorrow I will be able reveal the Summer Sunset finished quilt!
3/2/2022 12:09:22 pm
You had a terrific month, all of that plus your dyeing days. Have fun with your company!
3/2/2022 03:09:15 pm
what fun to have your friends arrive for a nice long visit - do they stay with you or in the guest house? you will have a lot to catch up on for sure - you got a lot done
3/2/2022 10:25:32 pm
You did accomplish a lot! So wonderful that your friends can visit once again. Have fun!
3/3/2022 07:34:30 am
My eye immediately gravitated to the placemats/napkins. I love those colors. And the dishtowel/tea towel that I won from you matches the napkins. I think perhaps you should make a gradient with those colors.
3/3/2022 09:02:51 am
I would say you had an excellent month!
3/3/2022 02:44:51 pm
great job.pretty cool!
Comments are closed.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.