February Progress and March Goals
February didn't have quite the productivity of January but it was still a great month. I'm most pleased that I got these 2 Hunter's Star veterans quilts made.
My goals for February were:
- finish the UFO flower block placemats (DONE)
- 4 - 6 more veterans quilts (DONE)
- start quilting one of my larger and more intense quilts (NOT DONE - have to find black batting)
- start a quilt using my shibori blocks (STARTED)
- start a symmetry cat quilt for my SIL (not started but planned)
- while working on the cat quilt resume piecing the Pleiades II (not started)
- quilt and bind the autumnal veterans Hunter Star quilt (DONE plus the gray one)
I've decided to wait until the shibori penguins are done before I start the symmetry quilts
I quilted one more veterans quilt than my goal, and for the moment, I'm all caught up. As soon as I can find a black king size batting I'll get the postage stamp quilt loaded and started.
I finally finished the 12 placemats that are made from UFO applique blocks and my new/old hobby, crochet, is getting a lot of attention. Mom and I made a comfort quilt for a friend's mother and I chopped up the leftover batting from the veterans quilts and made 4 more dog beds.
Going through the quilter's estate this month inspired me to take a long look around my own spaces so I'm in major purge mode. I've started with purging fiber art supplies that I will no longer use. A couple of my friends are in a fiber art group so I'm going to see if they want any of the stuff.
Right now I'm working on taking 5 - 10 yard samples of all of my yarns. that's all I'll need for using in postcards and the other art quilters can get lengths of each for their own collections.
Then my friend, Estelle, mentioned that she was going to make some more fabric-wrapped cord bowls and coasters and now I'm tackling this pile of fabric strips.
So here we go on a set of coasters for a gift for someone moving into a new apartment.
Plus there's another baby blanket underway!
My goals for March are:
- finish the Penguin quilt top
- piece the flower applique top
- plan the quilting for the postage stamp quilt
- finish cleaning out the sewing room
- make another baby blanket
- start the symmetry cat quilt
- work on Pleiades II
I don't expect any finishes in March but I'm sure I can make some good progress.
3/3/2020 08:05:18 am
You got a lot done in February! It's wonderful you can find a home for a lot of the items you are purging. I am trying to reduce as I work thru the laundry/utility room. I purged once as I was moving the stuff out of the room and I will take a second look at what I am keeping when the stuff goes back on the shelves and purge again.
Comments are closed.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.