Let's face it. There's only one thing that counts for February. Aside from the floor cloths, everything else is sprinkles on the cake.
My goals for February were:
- finish the floor cloths DONE!
- finish piecing the Summer Sunset components - DONE! - the star points are together
My last two goals did not get done. Party that was because I got that awesome invitation to the beach and partly because, simply, other stuff came up.
- start quilting the Postage Stamp quilt (in conjunction with Bethanne Nemesch class) - I haven't started the postage stamp quilt but I am working through the class material and practicing. I'll share some of that probably next week.
- start Karen's animal print quilt - I will get Summer Sunset together first and then start cutting out the components for this quilt.
Additionally, I finished one crochet project and a few hats, quilted 4 veterans quilts and made 2 more doll outfits that were tremendously appreciated.
My YTD stats are:
Starting UFO 8
Finished YTD 1
Started YTD 1
Ending UFO 8
Veterans quilts made -
Veterans quilts quilted - 12
Fabric Postcards -
Pet Beds 4
Quilted for others - 1
Crochet blankets - 2
Crochet hats _ 3
Doll outfits - 2
Placemats - 8
Pillows - 2
My goals for March, happily don't involve Sharpie Markers.
- Finish piecing the Summer Sunset top
- quilt 6 veterans quilts
- start quilting the postage stamp quilt
- cut out Karen's animal print quilt
- dye fabrics for the border to enlarge my vulture quilt
Those are pretty lofty goals and I expect I'll fall short but it never hurts to try!
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.