July continued with a focus on veterans quilts for piecing and quilting the vintage flower quilt. This veterans quilt is that last one that I finished in July.
With these 2 finished earlier in the month, my total for the month is 3 new veterans quilts. I have a huge stack in the living room (from Country School members) to get delivered to our VA hospital contact later this week. This week I'll work on some quilt kits from the stack of patriotic fabrics that I acquired recently. I'll take those kits on our vacation trip.
Two crochet projects were finished this month and both are gifts for friends. That brings my total to 10 for the year.
Of course THE big project for the month is the pizza oven mosaic! This was not an easy project but Anne and I had fun doing it and we are both really pleased with the result. It was pretty inexpensive too because most of the tiles were free!
My other big project for July is quilting the vintage flower quilt. It's about 60% done and I took it off for a break to quilt a few veterans quilts. I'll have it back on the frame later this week but I don't know if it will be done by the time we leave for vacation.
I didn't actually meet most of my July goals but I'm not unhappy with all that I did get done:
- quilt the vintage flowers quilt - 60% done
- make more pet beds - will do that this week after I trim the last of the veterans quilts
- finish a couple of veterans quilt tops - done!
- design a new piecing project - an idea is coming together and I'll get fabrics dyed before I leave for vacation.
- start the Spirograph floorcloths - it's too darned hot. This will have to wait until September
My August goals all center around vacation:
- cut some veterans quilt kits to take to Maine
- dye fabric and plan a large quilt also to take to Maine
- make and deliver pet beds before we leave
- continue quilting the flower quilt
- plan some crochet projects for the long car ride
Here are the stats for July:
Starting UFO 12 (15 in 2018)
Finished YTD 6
Started YTD 2
Ending UFO 5
Veterans quilts made - 9
Veterans quilts quilted - 24
Fabric Postcards - 26
Pet Beds 5
Placemats - 12
Quilted for others - 4
Crochet projects -10
COVID masks - approximately 180
Tea towels for WHEAT fundraiser - dozens!
Mosaic pizza oven
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.