As I look through my June goals I could say that I didn't accomplish much but that's not true. I jstu accomplished different things!
My goals for June were:
- tie dye a set of sheets - not done, I've had too much business dyeing to do but I hope to get these done next week.
- start the Groovy quilt - dyed the sashing fabric
- Start planning the new Judy Niemeyer quilt, I want to take it for my Maine project so I need to plan colors an dyed fabric - got the border block pattern and will dye fabric next week
- cut out more veterans quilt kits from the fabric I purchased in Paducah - not started but I have planned some of the quilts
- make dog beds - need to do this before July 15
- make more postcards - need to do this next week
- quilt and bind 2 veterans quilts - I did 4 instead
But first, let's talk about the past 2 days. I've been busy! I finished the HST veterans quilt and I absolutely love it. It was worth all the extra time that it took. I'm not sure when it will get quilted but at least it's all together.
Making that quilt I emptied a lot of bobbins and I had some leftover HST blocks that I put together that I think will make a new set of placemats.
Yesterday I made 3 batches of soap for a total of about 12 pounds. Some of it will be donated to a couple of local charities, some will be for me and some will be available in the shop in September after it's cured. I will probably make another batch because I have a pretty good supply of oils to use.
So, let's see what I actually did get done in June. First off, I finished 4 new veterans quilts.
I spent 2 days sun printing a nice stash of fabrics for future projects.
I quilted 2 more veterans quilts and have 6 more to get done before July 12....no problem!
On the crochet front I finished one baby blanket, a chemo hat and 9 preemie/newborn hats. All of these are for donation. I only used 6 skeins of yarn this month. The baby blanket and hats are made from big skeins of a thin yarn so it took some effort to use what I did get through.
All in all, a good month. I have lots of goals for July. Some are things I want to get done before we leave for vacation and some are things in preparation for vacation. Let's see how it goes!
My goals for July are:
- tie dye a set of sheets - we have friends staying in the guest house while we are gone and these are the guest house sheets
- put together the Groovy quilt top
- Dye fabric for and pack the Red Sunset Judy Neimeyer quilt
- cut out more veterans quilt kits from the fabric I purchased in Paducah
- make dog beds
- make more postcards
- quilt 6 veterans quilts
- finish the crochet tshirt
- finish my brother's crochet blanket
It's actually a very doable list if I can keep myself from getting sidetracked.
Here are my YTD stats. I'm pretty happy with this as my mid-year update. 2022 has been a good year so far.
Quilts - 3
Other major projects -
Veterans quilts made - 8
Veterans quilts quilted - 8
Fabric Postcards - 7
Pet Beds - 1
Quilted for others - 2
Crochet blankets - 5
Crochet shawls - 2
Crochet/loom knit hats and scarves - 22
Doll outfits - 1
Placemats - 14
Other Donated items - 21
Bags and totes -
Garments - 2
Balls of yarn used - 51
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.