Before I jump into my March summary I wanted to share this photo that I found on my camera. This was from Monday or Tuesday night last week. It was a really pretty day and a lovely sunset.
March wasn't much for finishes but it was good for progress. I've made good progress on the Summer Sunset quilts. I had hoped to finish getting the tops together but I ran out of steam just before Craft Week. I feel a little more energy for getting them done now.
At Craft Week I did start a new project and finished the top. This will be a gift for my SIL, Karen. It's her granddaughter that I make the doll dresses for. I'll order some chocolate brown minky for the backing for this.
My finishes for the month are these 2 crochet baby blankets.
My goals were:
- Finish piecing the Summer Sunset top (little one done, big one is almost done)
- quilt 6 veterans quilts (quilted 2 with 2 more in progress)
- start quilting the postage stamp quilt (I'm taking the feather quilting class so focusing on practicing that on the veterans quilts)
- cut out Karen's animal print quilt (top done!)
- dye fabrics for the border to enlarge my vulture quilt (didn't start)
I ended March with these stats:
Starting UFO 8
Finished YTD 2
Started YTD 2
Ending UFO 8
Other major projects - 1
Veterans quilts made -
Veterans quilts quilted - 14
Fabric Postcards - 1
Pet Beds - 4
Quilted for others - 1
Crochet blankets - 4
Crochet hats - 5
Doll outfits - 3
Placemats - 8
Pillows - 2
My goals for April:
- finish the Summer Sunset tops
- finish the feather quilting class practice on veterans quilts
- dye fabrics for vulture quilt border
- make some things with the animal print leftovers
- make a new set of fabric postcards for upcoming birthdays
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.