As I look back on March I see that I was very distracted from sewing by dental work, vacation and now lots of yard work. We are busy trimming trees and shrubs. We've filled the truck 7 times so far and are maybe 60% done! This will be followed by lots and lots of mulching. So April is going to be busy too.
But quilting veterans quilts always gives me a sense of accomplishment and I got 4 of them done in March.
I also quilted Mom's scrap quilt, made good progress on my wall and on planning my new kitchen floor cloths. All in all, not bad!
But when looking at my goals I didn't make a lot of progress:
- finish the mosaic part of the beaded wall (almost)
- start the big circles on Lost My Marbles (didn't work on this at all in March)
- plan the making of new kitchen floor cloths (good planning progress)
- progress on 4th of July (got to sew on this 1 day)
- 2 more EQ lessons (nope)
- quilt Mom's quilt (yes!)
- quilt 2 more veterans quilts (quilted 4!)
My ending stats are:
Starting UFO 16 (15 in 2018)
Finished YTD 1
Started YTD 1
Ending UFO 16
Veterans quilts made - 4
Veterans quilts quilted - 12
Fabric Postcards - 7
Pet Beds 3
Quilted for others - 1
My goals for April are:
- finish mosaic the beaded wall (grout in May)
- quilt the big circles on Lost My Marbles
- 2 EQ lessons
- start the Spirograph floor cloths
- finish yard work!
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.