Another month has passed where things didn't go as planned. I'm never disappointed by that. It just means that I found some higher priorities and the list can roll over to another month. This month I've also been dealing with some major tendonitis in my left hand so much of the work I wanted to do just couldn't be done. Doing crochet has come to a virtual halt. But it's getting better. I feel an end in sight.
Here were my goals for May:
3. Finish all the serger projects (pillowcases for the boys, walker caddies, and a dog bed)
5. Finish cutting out all of the veterans/donation quilt kits that I have planned, including doing something with the leftover safari fabric (I still have a couple more to cut out and then I'll be done)
6. Quilt more veterans quilts, I'm way behind (This is my major goal for the month! I got 8 more quilts quilted.)
All in all, for a 3 week month, I'm very happy with my progress.
My stats for the end of the month are:
Starting UFO 8
Finished YTD 3
Started YTD 2
Ending UFO 7
Other major projects - 1
Veterans quilts made -
Veterans quilts quilted - 28
Fabric Postcards - 14
Pet Beds - 6
Quilted for others - 2
Crochet blankets - 4
Crochet hats - 10
Doll outfits - 6
Placemats - 8
Pillows - 2
Donated items - 20
My goals for June are:
1. Get Club Noir pieced and give it a new name
2. Fix the longarm timing that I broke before vacation
3. Cut out the last 2 veterans quilt kits
4. Add the border to the vulture quilt
5. Start quilting the postage stamp quilt
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.