Well May didn't go as planned but it was still a great month! Of course any month that ends with a perfect beach week is going to be great. That was followed up by Chris' fishing buddies visiting during the week for a very successful Mahi fishing expedition. My dinners Thursday, Friday and Saturday were fabulous because you can never beat fresh fish. The weekend was made even better with a friend of my own visiting. Cheryl is a former co-worker from England. She still works for the company and we meet up when she's in Virginia working. This time she spent the weekend with me. We found a great hike to do close by and spent a beautiful Saturday afternoon in my friend's pool. (It's important to have the right friends!)
All of that is to say that I didn't get near the computer this weekend and barely touched it last week. It's now time for me to get reorganized and I'm hoping that my monthly progress post will be just the kick off that I need.
My May goals were:
- finish yard work - I got 3 of 7 truckloads of mulch spread and the 4th is in the driveway waiting for me in the morning. I will get this finished the next 2 weeks and then I'm going to be pretty much done for the summer.
- finish 1 EQ lesson - well, I did accomplish this!
- finish the fish mosaic - I didn't finish the mosaic yet but it's the only think I worked on this week and I worked on it long enough to determine that I'm going to run out of tile. So I've got to go on a search for more tile this week.
- grout both mosaics - this is on hold until I solve the tile issue on the backsplash
- progress on 4th of July - I made great progress on this quilt. I'm down to the border blocks now. But there won't be any progress in June because quilt club isn't meeting this month.
- finish large circles on Lost My Marbles - nope.....
- a few veterans quilts - 13 to be exact!
- finish planning the Wild Gears floor cloths (make them in June) - I'm not going to start the floor cloths until the mosaic walls are grouted but I'm still working on designs.
The biggest accomplishment for May was fixing my Great-Grandmother's quilt.
I also made a new set of postcards using my Wild Gears and made 3 dog beds for the local shelter from all of the veteran quilt trimmings.
All in all, a darned good month considering that the month really was only 3 weeks.
My ending stats for May are:
Starting UFO 16 (15 in 2018)
Finished YTD 2
Started YTD 2
Ending UFO 16
Veterans quilts made - 4
Veterans quilts quilted - 25
Fabric Postcards - 26
Pet Beds 3
Quilted for others - 1
My goals for June are:
- one EQ lesson
- finish the fish mosaic
- grout both mosaics
- finish Lost My Marbles
- quilt a few veterans quilts
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.