I'm pretty sure that ever single month I sit down here at the computer and I think that I haven't accomplished anything in the previous month and then I proceed to surprise myself with my actual accomplishments. I might have a short term memory problem or I'm just always looking to tomorrow for "what's next". Anyway, it's good to spend a few minutes actually reflecting and November was a pretty good month.
My goals for November were:
- floor cloths - oh look how clever I was here, notice that I didn't say "finish". I'm about 40% done with them but I did spend a lot of time testing the paints and methods.
- finish Kim's quilt (the binding is started) - It's done, except for the label. I'll finish that and deliver the quilts once the Christmas postcards are done.
- make Christmas cards - They are about half done. I had hoped to have them all done but I had a lot of frustration with bad designs. But they are well underway now and they will be mailed before Christmas Day.
- quilt 10 veterans quilts - If I count the 3 of my own that I quilted, which seems fair, I did quilt 10 of them. There's already a new stack of tops but I'm not planning to quilt any in December.
- bind 2 veterans quilts - Done!
- make a couple of secret Christmas gifts - Not even started but I have a plan.
Here's the month in snapshots.
The first two photos are my own veterans quilts. The green quilt and the floor cloths are the only two "open" projects that will carry forward. The green quilt is only worked on at sewing club sewing days so that's a long term project. The big quilt is one that I quilted for Mom. She's well underway binding that one.
I also started and finished one other project but I'm not counting it yet. It's the annual sample quilt for Paula Nadelstern. I finished it last week but we can't share them yet. It's pretty cool though and I can't wait until I can blog about it.
All in all, it was a pretty good month! Here are my current stats:
Starting UFO 12(15 in 2018)
Finished YTD 9
Started YTD 5
Ending UFO 8
Veterans quilts made - 15
Veterans quilts quilted - 39
Fabric Postcards - 29
Pet Beds 9
Placemats - 12
Quilted for others - 4
Crochet projects - 13
COVID masks - approximately 180
Tea towels for WHEAT fundraiser - dozens!
Mosaic pizza oven
Look at that, only 8 UFO projects! I'll never be a person who can work on one project at a time so I think any number under 10 is awesome. But keeping these lists is really helping me prioritize what projects I work on and has definitely kept me from starting more new ones than I can reasonably do. So that's all good.
My goals for December are:
- finish and mail 80 Christmas postcards
- finish the floor cloths
- make 3 Christmas gifts
- start quilting my oldest UFO, the postage stamp quilt
- return to working on Summer Sunset
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.