As I look back October wasn't a particularly productive month but that's no surprise given the 10-day cold. I did eeek in one last finish (of sorts) before the end of the month. This is a quilt that my friend Anne made. Before you ask, this quilt was based on an original quilt by Lisa-Marie Sanders and we had to get special permission to make this one copy. If you have to have your own crab quilt you might be able to get in touch with her here.
I posted it a few weeks ago asking for help with quilting ideas. We liked the idea of an overall watery effect best so that's what I did. The thing I care about most is that it's done! Now I can move on to other things on my list.
My goals for October were:
- Finish 3 "Paula" quilts - I finished "I'm Not a Snowflake" and "Where in the world is my cat?" I did start a 3rd one and got it through quilting. Benartex didn't have room for it in the booth. I completely forgot about is so I'll share it next week with the story about what happened to it.
- Quilt 4th of July - no progress
- Grout the mosaics - no progress
- Finish the 2 sun print veterans quilts - the second quilt top is done and both are ready to quilt
- Start Christmas postcards - I did get them started. I even have ideas for all 3 designs so I'll be getting back on these very soon.
But I spent most of the month on a new project which is becoming 2 quilts. That's the ice dyed quilts. The small one is ready for quilting once a back is dyed. The big one is ready to piece.
I also started a Hunter's Star veterans quilt. I'm not counting that in my stats until it's finished. It's my project for CSQ sewing days.
Here are the current stats:
Finished YTD 10
Started YTD 8
Ending UFO 16
Veterans quilts made - 7
Veterans quilts quilted - 40
Fabric Postcards - 64
Pet Beds 12
Quilted for others - 4
I'd really like to knock out some projects to close out 2019. I've reviewed my list and I think if I focus I can finish all of these projects:
- grout both mosaics
- 4th of July quilt
- both Groovy quilts
- Dog Gone Cute quilt
- sunprint veteran's quilts
Plus the 80 Christmas postcards.
It's going to take some discipline but I think I can do it. That could get me below 10 UFO projects for the first time ever.
It looks to be like you accomplished quite a bit!
11/4/2019 08:21:24 am
The crab quilt turned out awesome!
Comments are closed.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.