Remember back in September when I pulled this stack of sunprints out of my stash? The original plan was to make some sort of wall hanging.
I've tried to go through my UFO projects this year and ruthlessly assess the probability of the project actually getting made. This was one of the projects to hit the chopping block. I simply wasn't the least bit motivated to make a wall hanging. But I'm not tossing these projects out. I'm trying to turn them into something else. These got turned into 2 veterans quilts. I've shown them being quilted before but now they are actually done!
I showed how I made these in 2 previous posts: part 1 and part 2. It's a simple approach that would work great for any orphan blocks or focus fabrics.
The backing is a pale hand dyed green and the quilting pattern is this simple (and fast) leaf motif. I think I quilted both quilts in about 2 hours. These quilts were delivered to our coordinator Tuesday.
The next veterans quilt will likely use these fabrics. My friend and I bought fat quarter sets of these years ago. I gave her mine so she could finish a quilt for her brother-in-law. These are all of the leftovers from the quilt and I've decided that I'll use them in a new veterans quilt....that I'll plan to start sewing in January.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.