After I posted my UFO update yesterday I realized that I had not given an applique update in a while and I've actually made a bit of progress on this. We've been watching a few series on Amazon Prime so I've had a bit of hand sewing time.
I started in the middle and am working my way to each end. I think the last update included the red blossom. The Gold and blue ones finished out half of the first border!
After I finished that side I came back to the center, stitched the peach floral blossom and added the center dot.
Now I have 6 of 44 blossoms of the border done and that means I'm 13.6% done. I've made it into double digits!
It might be time for a celebration drink!
I even have the vine for the next blossom done so I'm moving right along.
This is how I fold up the border on each side of the blossom that I'm stitching. It helps to keep the long border under control. Don't look too closely at my stitching on the back. My only concern is that I don't have any loose ends showing under the white.
I'm getting so close to finishing the first border that I have some extra motivation....once I get over the cold that my dearest husband gave me.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.