I did it. I finally finished all the Sharpie drawing on my floor cloths! They still have to have the hems turned and then Chris will glue the hems and coat with polyurethane. The designs will run off the edges of the finished cloths but here's how they look at the moment.
I can't begin to tell you how much I love these! The Sharie fumes were a nightmare but I'm so glad I did them. I will get back to them Saturday to prep them for Chris to do his work. They might be in my kitchen in a couple of weeks!
I even got the gears cleaned and put away. Alcohol is the answer for cleaning Sharpie ink. I do keep the gears in their original sheets so that I know if I'm missing any. I have 5 big sheets and 4 small sheets. It's a lot of gears.
I'm only missing one gear. I'm surprised that all the tiny ones are accounted for. This one is big enough that I should be able to find it. It's in the guest house somewhere. After this project we have to deep clean it in preparation for a friend who will be living there for a while so I'm sure it will show up at some point.
I can't wait to see these on my kitchen floors.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.