Yesterday it was beautiful outside and was a perfect day for my shooting lesson. For those of you who know clay shooting, yesterday was a BIG day. I've finally gotten where I can do report pairs. Woohoo!
I came home and got back to my sample floor cloth. I wanted to get this one done so I can work on the real ones this weekend.
So first I added a last element. I'm not thrilled with this. It needs something else and I'd love to add some color. It needs to be be transparent color and all I have to work with is Tuskiniko Ink. It would be great if I could finally use this stuff for something!
I had to test it first to see how it would work with the polyurethane and you can see from this sample that the ink isn't going to work at all. So back to figure something else out.
I decided to add dots! I like it. Next I will turn under the hem and glue it in place.
It will finish off at about 24" x 36" and this cropped photo give you and idea of how it will look. Not too bad for a sample!
I also made progress on the next 2 veterans quilts and am halfway down the second side of the binding on Kim's quilt.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.
Thank you for visiting Colorways by Vicki Welsh.
Copyright © 2021 by Vicki Welsh. All rights reserved. Content from this site may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of Vicki Welsh. You are welcome to link and share links to any page on the site.