Mission accomplished! I finished the rows on my Indonesian batik quilt.
Someone asked how I put the rows together. Honestly, I wing it a bit. I admit that I just sew the sashing piece to the last row without measuring, the same way that we do to get wavy borders. Then I chalk a diagonal line across the sashing to continue the seam line.
Then I match up the seams of the next row of blocks with the chalk line. It seems to lay flat and the intersections all look good so I'm sticking with this method.
I spread it out on our bed to see what I needed for borders. It will be 6" top and bottom and 2" on the sides. I will measure these to make sure that I properly deal with any stretching in those setting triangles. I don't need 6"wavy borders to quilt. I hope to get this done and ready to quilt by Friday. I've got to do some machine maintenance before I load the next quilt. We'll see how that goes!
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.