My goals for June were:
- another set of birthday postcards - done
- make pet beds with all the batting scraps I've accumulated - not done
- quilt 6 veterans quilts - done
- finish quilting Mom's floral quilt - progress made
- bind and label the firefighter quilt - done and gifted!
- get the Goldfinch quilt top made - big time done
- placemats for my brother - not even started
Maybe I didn't get ALL of my goals accomplished (I never do) but it was a fantastic month. The two big projects were to complete the Fighter Quilt and get the Goldfinch top done and I did both! I even made a table runner to go with the Firefighter quilt.
I did hit my goal of quilting 6 veterans quilts and most of there were bound by the makers and delivered to the VA at our July meeting. I just love quilting these quilts. They are stress-free quilting and I know that these quilts do make a difference in people's lives.
The two backpacks took up more time than I anticipated but they were fun and rewarding projects. I also got two more veterans quilt tops done and they are ready for quilting at some point.
I crocheted 2 hats while I worked the primary precinct, dyed 3 maternity tops for my niece and had a blast making 8 Martian postcards.
I made some progress on other crochet projects and at least one of them will be done in July. I used a total of 7 balls of yarn but I also gave away about 12 balls to a young crochet friend....so I'm counting 19 to offset the 16 new balls that I bought for 2 new projects.
MyYTD stats are:
Quilts - 1
Veterans quilts made - 8
Donation lap quilts - 12
Veterans quilts quilted - 25
Fabric Postcards - 11
Quilted for others - 3
Crochet blankets - 3
Crochet shawls - 1
Crochet/loom knit hats and scarves - 24
Doll outfits - 2
Placemats and Table Runners - 25
Dyed shirts and towels - 3
Other Donated items - 74
Garments (sewn and cochet) - 1
Balls of yarn used - 32
Other items - 5
I can't believe we are already halfway through 2023. It's going extra fast!
My goals for July are:
- plan my sewing and crochet projects for our trip to Maine
- finish quilting Mom's quilt. That should happen in the next few days
- quilt and finish the Goldfinch
- make placemats for my brother
- my nephew requested new placemats but they might not get done until September
- at least start quilting a guild fundraiser quilt
- make pet beds
There's no way all this gets done because I also have to do packing for a month-long trip in between. But I'll put on some good audiobooks and give it my best shot.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.