May was definitely the month of placemats. I made 18 of them and they were well received at this year's beach gifts. It was my primary goal for the month and I met it. I want to make one more set for my other brother so that will be on the June list.
My other goals for May were:
- quilt Mom's baby quilt - done
- quilt and finish the firefighter quilt - quilted, not yet bound
- start the Goldfinch quilt - started pulling fabrics
- Mother's Day and birthday postcards - done
I also made a ton of soap. It will be ready sometime in late June.
In between I worked on some crochet projects but only finished 5 hats for donation. I used up 5 balls of yarn this month. that's not a lot but it's enough. I've been really good about no adding to my stash so any amount out is a positive.
My YTD stats:
Veterans quilts made - 8
Donation lap quilts - 12
Veterans quilts quilted - 19
Fabric Postcards - 11
Quilted for others - 3
Crochet blankets - 3
Crochet shawls - 1
Crochet/loom knit hats and scarves - 24
Doll outfits - 2
Placemats - 24
Other Donated items - 74
Garments (sewn and cochet) - 1
Balls of yarn used - 32
Other items - 3
My goals for June are pretty ambitious but, at a minimum, I want to stick to this list of projects:
- another set of birthday postcards
- make pet beds with all the batting scraps I've accumulated
- quilt 6 veterans quilts
- finish quilting Mom's floral quilt
- bind and label the firefighter quilt
- get the Goldfinch quilt top made
- placemats for my brother
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.