I've made great progress on the penguins in the past few days. Following the directions to the letter, I first sewed sides to the eyes so that they don't look like houses anymore.
I chain pieced wings.
I got tired of drawing diagonal stitching lines so I finally got out the Sharpie and just drew a line that I could follow. That sped things up nicely.
Three sets of penguin wings for small, medium and large penguins. I'm calling them papa, mama and baby anymore. There are 4 papas, 8 mamas and 8 babies.
Next was adding corners to the head and finally we have something that looks like a penguin! NOW I can play with the bodies.
Here are all of the fabrics that I have to choose from for the bodies. I need twenty so I'll spend the weekend deciding which ones that I want to use. The tedious part of this quilt is over!
This weekend I'll work more on this, the scrap coasters, winding yarn and I also need to plan a new crochet project.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.