Last week I reloaded this quilt to finish up by August and I actually made a little progress this weekend.
Aside from 100 miles of SID quilting, I had done these 2 motifs the first time it was loaded. I'm not particularly happy with either choice but I'm sure not taking it out so I'm building on it. That kite shape in the corner of the orange spikes is something that I'm adding in other areas with quilting and I'm trying to continue some curved shapes into other areas.
Here's one place that got kite shapes. You know me. When in doubt do ruler work.
Then I built another cross-hatched section off of that random curve that I previously quilted in that pale orange section. I sort of had a plan but I'm ignoring it at this point and just building elements one at a time. When I'm done with that I'll likely do a bunch of fill work and call it done. I am seriously uninspired with this quilt but I'm getting in some great practice and it's going to be done!
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.