This certainly took a lot longer than it needed! I spent way too much time stressing over the quilting plan instead of just quilting. I probably spent more time thinking than actually quilting, like usual. I started in the middle with the blocks and worked my way out with each border. By the time I got to the yellow and blue borders it went really fast. It's now trimmed and ready to deliver to Becky for binding and label.
This one started as a quilt kit that one of our members bought so you might recognize the pattern or kit. It will be donated to out local food bank and they will use it for a raffle fundraiser. We make a quilt for them about every other year.
The quilting doesn't really show on the quilt very well but I was able to get it to show by laying it in the foyer and opening the front door for some side light.
I used white Wonderfil Master Quilter in the top and Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin. I didn't have one thread break on the whole quilt.
I dyed the backing for this quilt and tried my best to match the blue in the background of the outer border. My fabric turned out a little more purple but I'm still happy with it. The back is the main reason that I wanted to do some custom quilting. I knew it would show on this side.
Here's a close up of the back. I can say that I have finally reached a point where I am happy with my feather quilting. For once, it wasn't stressful quilting feathers. That's a big win!
Now I'll return to the regular programming of quilting veterans quilts. I have a really bright one loaded to quilt this weekend.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.