The end is in sight on the postcards and there's a remote chance that they will all be done before Thanksgiving. It will be a Thanksgiving miracle!
I left off Thursday with the hand and cuff stitched. Next I needed to do the ornament. My original plan was to use gold thread like the one in the right but I really didn't like the gold thread on the ornament. This is why I usually have one extra card that I use for testing thread or paint colors. I already had 3 thread changes for these cards so what's one more. I switched to monofilament thread to stitch around the ornaments.
Then I put the gold thread back on the machine and stitched the hanging wire.
Next I had to decided how big I wanted the ornament cap so it was back to the practice card. This practice card will come in handy again later when I test the serger stitch.
87 cards ready for backs and serged edges. I also still have to add some paint to the stag cards.......but they are soooooo close!
I'm Vicki Welsh and I've been making things as long as I can remember. I used to be a garment maker but transitioned to quilts about 20 years ago. Currently I'm into fabric dyeing, quilting, Zentangle, fabric postcards, fused glass and mosaic. I document my adventures here.
To subscribe click the RSS Feed button and copy the URL of that page into your blog reader.
In Bloglovin you need to search "Colorways By Vicki Welsh" to find the blog.